The manchester of south india
Coimbatore is one of the advanced districts of the state of tamil nadu in india.it is second largest city in tamil nadu.
Climate: 35*c maximum and 18*c minimum
Std code: 0422
Airport: Peelamedu airport (11 km from coimbatore)
Railway station: coimbatore junction (state bank road) ukkadam
Bus stand: Gandhipuram bus stand, singanallur bus stand, ukkadam bus stand,
Mettupalayam bus stand
- Singanallur lake
- Kuruchi lake
- Valankulam lake
- Krishnampatti lake
- Muthannan lake
- Seevagasintamani lake
- Saibaba temple, coimbatore.
- Balaji temple, karumalai, valparai.
- Then thiruppathy, sirumugai, mettupalayam
- Kamachi amman temple, r.s.puram
- Patteswarar temple, perur, coimbatore.
- Koniamman koil temple, coimbatore
- Subramaniasamy temple, thirumuruganpoondi.
- Vana bathrakaliamman koil, nellithurai, mettupalayam.
- Masaniamman koil, anaimalai, near pollachi.
- Munthi vinayakar koil, puliakulam, coimbatore.
- Murugan temple, marudhamalai.
- Arulmigu echanari vinayakar temple, coimbatore.
- Puri jaganath temple, coimbatore.
- Thandumariamman temple, avinashi road
- Sri shakthi institute of engineering and technology
- Tamilnadu college of engineering
- V.l.b.janakiammal college of engineering & technology
- Amrita institute of technology & science, coimbatore
- Amrita school of engineering,coimbatore
- Coimbatore institute of engineering and information technology
- Coimbatore institute of technology
- Dr. Mahalingam college of engineering and technology
- Info institute of engineering
- Jct college of engineering and technology
- Park college of engineering and technology
- Ganga hospital, coimbatore
- Kovai medical center and hospital, coimbatore
- Psg hospitals, coimbatore
- Esi hospital, coimbatore
- Lotus eye care hospital, coimbatore
- Sankara eye centre, coimbatore
- The eye foundation & lasik centre, coimbatore
- Ellen hospital, coimbatore
- Sri ramakrishna hospital, coimbator
- Womens center, coimbatore
- Coimbtore north
- Coimbatore south
- Coimbatore west
- Chinnakallar falls
- Sengupathi falls
- Thirumoorthy falls
- Siruvani waterfalls
- Vaideki falls.
Famous persons: scientist g.d. Naidu, actors sathyaraj, suriya.
Places to see:
Siruvani waterfalls and dam
The waterfalls and the dam are about siruvanian hour’s drive from coimbatore. The water of the siruvani is known as for its good taste.
These mountains are known as the kailash of the south. Located in the outskirts of coimbatore, it is one of the sacred hills. Lakhs of people undertake the arduous 8 km trek during maha sivarathri and chitra pournami every year
G.d.naidu industrial exhibition
This industrial exhibition was organized and established by that visionary industrial, is it the late sri.g.d.naidu, a legend in his lifetime. He made valuable contributions to the field of electronics and in area of mechanization of agriculture.
Palani murugan temple
This temple of lord muruga is located on the palani hills. Palanithe presiding deity is dandayuthapani. The idol is made of medicinal herbs
Dedicated to lord subramanya this hilltop temple is one of the most visited temples in this region. Maruthamalai the reason being that the presiding deity dhandayuthapani is believed to have performed several miracles here.
It is situated at the foot of thirumoorthy hills adjoining the thirumoorthy dam. Thirumoorthythis is about 20 kms. From udumalpet on the highway from palani to coimbatore. A perennial stream flows by the side of the sri amalingeswarar temple and nearby there is a waterfall.
It is located 30 kms. From coimbatore through the narasipuram village. It is a fine picnic spot for trekkers. The perrennial waterfall is a major attraction.
It is an important textile centre in coimbatore district; it is also famous for hosiery products. Tiruppur is also closely associated with thiruppur kumaran a valiant freedom fighter. It is 50 kms. From coimbatore.
This town is about 40 km from coimbatore. It is next important town in the district after coimbatore, and an important commercial centre. A temple dedicated to mariamman and another to subramanya is located here. There are beautiful stone carvings of a five-hooded serpent, a sculpture of a yali with a chain hanging from it
It is 102 kms from coimbatore in western ghats in the anamalai range. Valparaiit has many tea plantations and is a picnic spot
Anamalai wildlife sanctuary
This sanctuary is situated at an altitude of 1,400 mtrs. In the western ghats near pollachi.
It is 15 km from valparai. The solaiyar dam is the second largest rock dam in asia. Its length is about 20 km.
Monkey falls monkey-falls
It is 65 km from coimbatore and 27 km from pollachi on coimbatore-pollachi-valparai highways.
A picturesque locale in the anamalai hills. Topslipit is about 37 kms from pollachi and about 90 km from coimbatore.
This temple is in valparai. On saturday balaji-templeand sunday each week, a large number of tourists arrive to worship.
Indira gandhi wildlife sanctuary & national park
The indira gandhi wildlife sanctuary and national topslippark (popular known as anamalais) is one of the hot spots of bio-diversity in the western ghats.
- Vivanta by taj – surya
- Aloft coimbatore singanallur
- The residency, coimbatore
- Hotel cag pride
- Le meridien coimbatore
- Hotel heritage inn
More Related Posts
All India Institute Of Medical Science (aiims)- Central Delhi
Alkuti- Central Bank Of India
All Sainta Scl,bhopal- Oriental Bank Of Commerce
All India Jat Heroes Memorial College, R- Central Bank Of India
All about Ariyalur
All about Chennai
All about Dharmapuri
All about Dindigul
All about Erode
All about Kanchipuram
All about Kanniyakumari
All about Karur
All about Krishnagiri