Which came into existence from 02.10.1965 is situated in the north western corner of tamil nadu, horticulture is the major technology following in this district. All types of fruits and vegetables are cultivated in this district. Mango is the major crop of this district. These mango varieties are called as killimukku. Katla, rogu and mirgal are the major varieties of fishes available here.,town is historically called as thakadoor.
Hogenakkal waterfalls is the famous tourist place located in this district and also well known for marble stones and black granites
Famous people: freedom fighter subramanya siva
Climate :38*c maximum and 17*c minimum
Std code: 04342
Railway station: durai samy gounder street, dharmapuri
Bus stand: inside dharmapuri town
- C.s.i. Zion church, dharmapuri.
- Vediyappan temple, adhikarapatti(adikarapatti) and s.kottavoor.
- Raghavendra swami temple, east street and bharathipuram
- Chennammal koil, t. Ammapet
- Malligarjunaswamy temple, dharmapuri
- Radhakrishna swamy temple-aatukarampatti,dharmapuri.
- Mount carmel church – b. Pallipatty, dharmapuri.
- Muniappan swami kovil
- Paravasudevar koil, dharmapuri
- Theerthagiri easwarar temple, theerthamalai
- Anjenayar kovil, v. Muthampatti.
- Chenrayasamy temple, adiyaman kottai
- Hariharanatharkoil, dharmapuri
- Mariamman temple, adikarapatti
- Salai vinikayer kovil-s.v.road,dharmapuri.
- Singarathoppu muniappan koil, morappur
- Jayam college of engineering and technology
- Adhiyamaan college of engineering
- Government college of engineering
- Er. Perumal manimekalai college of engineering, hosur
- Sapthagiri college of engineering
- Shreenivasa engineering college, dharmapuri
- Jayalakshmi institute of technology, thoppur
- Govt. Arts college for women, krishnagiri
- Govt. Arts college, dharmapuri
- Don bosco college, dharmapuri
- Arignar anna college (arts and science), krishnagiri
- Govt. Arts and science college for women, bargur
- M.g.r. College, hosur
- P.m.p. College of arts and science, dharmapuri
- Govt. Arts college for men, krishnagiri
- Laxminarayana polytechnic college, dharmapuri
- Pee gee polytechnic college, dharmapuri
- Adhiyamaan polytechnic college, hosur
- The dharmapuri district co-op. Sugar mills polytechnic college, dharmapuri dt
It is situated at the borders of karnataka at 46 kms from dharmapuri. In hogenakal the river cauvery enters into tamil nadu as a big river with gushing water presentably as a natural falls. The name hogenakal is derived from kannada means ‘smoky rocks’. The river when falls on the rock below, the gushing force of water resembles like smoke emanating from the rocks. At hogenakal the water spreads for miles around and on these waters cruising on country made dinghies (parisal) is possible. Parisal ride will give an enthralling experience. Surrounding by hills at various heights hogenakal offers the visitors a different ambience and refreshing relaxations.
It is an important scacred place in harur taluk of dharmapuri district. Shri theerthagirishwarar temple is located at the top of a hillock. Chola and vijayanagara kings donated liberally to this temple. A lot of devotees throng the temple during the mahashivarathiri.
The capital of adhiyamans, ancient rulers of thakadoor, was adhiyamankottam which is situated on the salem-dharmapuri road at a distance of 7 km from dharmapuri.
The ruins of the roughly oval shaped fort is still there. The chenraya perumal temple is the biggest of the lot which is held as a protected monument and which is believed to have been constructed both by the king krishna deva raya and hoysala kings.
Harmapuri fort temple :
This temple is dedicated to god mallikarjuneswarar and goddess kamatchi ambal. It has been located at 1 km from dharmapuri bus stand. It belongs to the period of cholas
Kala bairavar temple
It is located at a distance of 7 km from dharmapuri bus stand. Devotees are come and worship this temple during the special and festival seasions from various places. The special poojas are being organised in sundays and pournami days.
Subramanya siva memorial –papparapatti :
A monument built in memory of the great patriot subramanya siva in his samadhi near papparapatti, pennagaram taluk.
Sir thomas munro pillar
This pillar was erected by the government of madras to mark the association of dharmapuri with sir thomas munro who lived here from april 1792 to march 1799 as assistant to the superintendent of revenue in the baramahal. His house and his favourite garden where few yards away from this place.
- Hotel c.m.boarding & lodging.
- Dddc lodge
- Hotel priya lodge
- Hotel sri rama boarding & lodging
- Hotel d.n.c lodge.
- Hotel new dharmapuri lodge .
- Hotel vijay lodge .
Alkuti- Banks- Address- Code
Alkuti- Central Bank Of India
Alkusa- State Bank Of India
All about Ariyalur
All about Chennai
All About Coimbatore
All about Cuddalore
All about Dharmapuri
All about Dindigul
All about Erode
All about Kanchipuram
All about Kanniyakumari