Kanchipuram, formerly known as conjeevaram, was the capital of cholas and pallavas.kanchipuram, known as city of thousand temples, is one of the ancient and most sacred pilgrim cities in india.
It is also known as ‘silk city’, since one of the main professions of the people living in and around is weaving silk sarees, sri chandrasekharendra saraswathi viswa mahavidhyalaya deemed university with asia’s biggest international library is located in here
river : the palar river is one of the most important river running through the district.
List of vaishnava
- Tirukalvanoor – sri adi varaha swami temple
- Tiruoorakam – sri ulaganatha swami temple
- Tirukaarvaanam – sri tirukaarvarnar temple
- Tiruparamechura vinnagaram – sri vaikunda perumal temple
- Tiruththanka – sri deepa prakasa perumal temple
- Tiruvelukkai – sri azhagiya singar temple
- Tiruvekkaa – sri yathothkari temple
- Tiruneeragam – sri jagadeeshwarar temple
- Tirukaaragam – sri karunagara perumal temple
- Neervalur – sri veetrirunda lakshmi narayana perumal temple
- Tirupavalavannam – sri pavala vanar temple
- Varadharaja perumal temple
List of shiva
- Kamakshi amman temple
- Dhrmalingeswarar temple (kayaar kulam)
- Thiru kayaroganeeswarar temple
- Kachi nerikkaaraikkadu
- Tiru maakaral
- Sangupani vinayakar temple
- Kanaka durga temple, koneri kuppam
- Maamallan institute of technology, sriperumpudur
- A.r.m. College of engineering and technology, chengalpet
- Adhi college of engineering and technology, kancheepuram
- Adhiparasakthi engineering college, cheyyar
- Kalsar college of engineering, sriperambudur
- Kanchi pallavan engineering college, kancheepuram
- Kings engineering college, sriperumbudur
- Lord ayyappa institute of engineering and technology, kancheepuram
- Rajiv gandhi college of engineering, sriperumbud
- Apollo arts and science college
- C.s.i. Edward women’s christian college
- Scsvmv university (sri chandrasekharendra saraswathi viswa mahavidyalaya),
- Sri muthukumaran arts and science college
- Sri sankara arts and science college
- Adhiparasakthi dental college and hospital
- Karpaga vinayaga institute of dental sciences
- Sri venkateswara dental college and hospital
- Dharma ayurveda medical research institution
- Chettinad university (chettinad dental college and research institute)
Climate: maximum: 36.6*c and minimum: 21.2*c
Std code: 044
Railway station: old kanchipuram railway station, railway road, kanchipuram
Bus stand: kanchipuram bus stand, hospital road, kanchipuram
Airport: nearest airport (chennai airport)
Places to see
The kanchi mutt is one of the mutts or peetams established by adi sankara, who lived from 788 to 820 ad. It has established a modern centre of learning, which has been given a deemed university status.
Shakunthala jagannathan museum of folk art:
This is situated close to the ekambarerwar temple. The 400-year old house belongs to the maternal ancestors of sir c p ramaswamy aiyar, a renowned scholar. This has been converted into a museum.
Kanchipuram is the birthplace of dr. C.n. Annadurai, the scholar statesman, affectionately called anna meaning the elder brother by the general public. His ancestral home located here has been converted into a memorial.
Mamallapuram (65 kms)
Mamallapuram is the jewel in the crown of tamil nadu. Mamallapuramit is a world heritiage and cultural site. Located close to the seashore, it was an important port town during early historic times, especially the pallava period.
Uthiramerur (25 kms)
An ancient siva temple having inscriptions about village administration in the past adorns this place. There is also an ancient and massive vaishnavite temple
Edanthangal(32 kms) – birds sanctuary
This sanctuary for water and other migratory birds has come up around a village tank that is surrounded by a grove of trees. It is a haven for migratory birds such as herons, egrets, sandpipers, white ibis, spoonbills, swans and grey wagtails among others.
Located 20 kms from mamallapuram, muttukadumuttukadu is a fine picnic spot. The ttdc arranges boating and wind surfing.
40 kms from mamallapuram on the east coast road are the beautiful backwaters of mudaliarkuppam. Boating facilities are provided by ttdc.
Kovalam is famous for the dargah of hazart dhammimul ansari. Hazart dhammimul ansari lived in medina and is believed to have seen prophet mohammad.
He died 900 years ago, but before his death he asked his followers to cast his coffin into the sea. He wished to be buried in which ever spot it landed finally.
This bank was set up by romulus whitaker crocodileto breed several species of african and indian crocodiles and alligators in captivity.
Arignar anna zoologial park ( vandalur zoo)
The arignar anna zoological park vandalur36 kms from the heart of chennai is one of the modern zoos of india, and the biggest in south east asia.
Facts: it produces more than 15,000 engineering graduates every year
Famous persons: former chief minister of tamil nadu c.n.annadurai, sankarachariar
Famous for: silk sarees, kanchi kamakodi peetham
- Grt regency
- Mm hotels
- Tamil nadu
- Hotel jaybala international
- Hotel baboo soorya
- Shelter beach resort
- Alkuti- Banks- Address- Code
- Alkusha- Chas nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Alkod- Devadurga nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Alkhad- Pansemal nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Alkuti- Parner nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Alkhed- Shahada nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Alkara- Majitha-3 nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Alkrra- Sehna nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Alkondanatham- Komaratchi nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Alkuti- Central Bank Of India
- Alkusa- State Bank Of India
- All about Ariyalur nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- All about Chennai nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- All About Coimbatore nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- All about Cuddalore nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- All about Dharmapuri nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- All about Dindigul nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- All about Erode nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- All about Kanchipuram nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- All about Kanniyakumari nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places