‘Krishna’ refers to ‘black’ and ‘giri’ refers to ‘hill’. Thus, ‘krishnagiri’ refers to ‘black hill’. This district is gifted with black granite hillocks and named as ‘krishnagiri’. Also, the region came under the rule of krishna deva raya and hence it might also have been named after him.
This district was separated from dharmapuri district on 09-02-2004. A famous old fort called “syed basha hill fort” is located in krishnagiri. Mango is the main crop cultivated in this district. Nearly this district produces 3, 00,000 tons every year.
Facts: one of the two largest producers of mangoes in india
Famous people: c. Rajagopalachari
Famous for: mangoes, granite
Climate condition: max: 38*c and min: 17*c
Std code: 04343
Flora and fauna
The major wild animals include elephants, sambar, spotted deer, gaur, wild boar, panther etc. The forest area of denkanikottai taluk forms the prime elephant habitat with lot of bamboos and this area constitutes the cauvery elephant reserve, which is constituted over and area of about 450 sq. Kms. The bird population is also attractive with beautiful bird like paradise flycatcher
Krishnagiri reservoir project (krp)
Krp dam is situated at a distance of 7 kms from krishnagiri. It is in between dharmapuri and krishnagiri. Thousands of acres of land around krishnagiri is irrigated with the help of this dam. This is a famous tourist spot too. This dam is flooded with tourists during the week ends.
Thali – little england
This place is about 25 kms from hosur. It is at the border of tamil nadu adjoining karnataka, the climate is very cool and pleasant. It experiences cold and cloudy weather resembling england. Hence it is popular with the name ‘little england’ since british regime. The area is covered by a number of hills. The climate is chill round the year.
Kelevarapalli reservoir project (kprp)
It is situated at a distance of 10kms from hosur. It is only 8 kms away from karnataka state. This has become a picnic spot for citizens of hosur area. Tourists from adjoining state often visit this place on holidays.
Historical monuments are preserved and exhibited here. It is not only a place of tourism but also a center of education. This museum collects the monuments, classifies and preserves them to conduct research on it’s historical worthiness.
Rajaji memorial –thorapalli
In memory of the great leader rajaji, the tamil nadu government has converted the house in thorapalli where rajaji was born, as a memorial.
It is located 10 km from hosur near onnalvadi.
A hill fort, situated at a distance of 30 km from hosur marks the border of the palghat plateau,the ramparts and the bastions of the fort are more or less intact. The fort is a protected monument.
This place is situated on the bank of pennaiyar at a distance of 10 km from uthangarai and traditionally associated with tirtamalai.
The ancestors cult was worshiped by the megalithic people in the ancient period. In krishnagiri district three kinds of memorials are observed and they were named a cairn circle, dolmen and urnburials.
Railway station: nearest railway station hosur (5 kms), jolarpet (60 kms) and rayakottai (30 kms)
Bus stand: krishnagiri bus station londonpet (heart of the town)
Airport: nearest airport – bangalore (77 kms from krishnagiri)
Main rivers: that flow across the district are kaveri and south pennar kaveri enters the district from south west in denkanikottai taluk and exists in south west direction
- Kamadhenu college of arts and science, dharmapuri
- M.g.r. College, hosur
- P.m.p. College of arts and science, dharmapuri
- Government arts college for women, krishnagiri
- Sri vidiya mandir arts & science college
- Arignar anna college (arts and science), krishnagiri
- Govt. Arts and science college for women, bargur
- Adhiyamaan college of engineering, hosur taluk
- Government college of engineering, bargur
- Bargur engineering college
- P.s.v. College of engineering and technology, krishnagiri
- Sapthagiri college of engineering, palacode taluk
- Er perumal manimekalai college of engineering
- Kundeeswarar temple of chinna kothur
Places of worship
- Angalamman temple of kaveripattinam
- Balamurugan’ temple of jagadevi
- Chandra choodeswarar temple of hosur
- Bettaraya swamy’ temple of denkanikottai
- Arulmigu ‘penneswarar moorthy’ temple
- Lakshminarayana’ temple of krishnagiri
- Alps residency
- Dsr grand hotel
- Hotel velan international
To see more: http://www.krishnagiri.tn.nic.in/
- Allada- Banks- Address- Code
- Allada- Jalumuru nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Alladapea- Jalumuru nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Alladipalem- Pusapatirega nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- All India Institute Of Medical Science (aiims)- Central Delhi nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Alla- Jagatsinghpur nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Alla Ditta- Sultanpur Lodhi nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Alladinpur- Tarn Taran-12 nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Allabal Pur- Mohamdabad nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Allabuxpur- Garh Mukteshwar nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Alladi- Salanpur nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- Allada- Indian Overseas Bank
- Allabad Main Branch- Bank Of Baroda
- All Sainta Scl,bhopal- Oriental Bank Of Commerce
- All India Jat Heroes Memorial College, R- Central Bank Of India
- All Saints College, Thiruvanthapuram- Central Bank Of India
- All about Karur nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- All about Krishnagiri nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- All About Madurai nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places
- All About Namakkal nearby Cities, Stations and Tourist Places